Grammarly is popular for identifying mistakes in your writing, But sometimes it needs a little help in Microsoft Word add-in on Windows.
Is Grammarly not working for you in Microsoft Word? Then stop worrying now as I will try my best to find quick and easy solutions for you in this post.
I will show you why isn’t Grammarly working in Word, and how to fix them and make your documents error-free.
Why Can’t I Use Grammarly on Word?
It is possible that for some reason, your Grammarly account has been banned and the add-on is not opening properly in Microsoft Word.
I recommend you visit the official Grammarly site and log in to your account to confirm this problem.
If you get logged in successfully into your account, it means your account is working fine.
Why Did Grammarly Stop Working in Microsoft Office Word?
Grammarly is not a single application for Windows, it comes with an add-in in Microsoft after that. When enabled, it appears on the right-hand side of the screen, displaying text errors and corrections.
Grammarly disappears from Word when something goes wrong, like the problem we are facing is Grammarly tab is missing.
What if Grammarly for Microsoft Office is no longer available? You cannot correct your work in this scenario! You must perform the necessary actions to get the tool back in Word.
The reason behind this issue has many factors, and to fix this issue start with the simple thing to turn off the add-in.
Because the add-in may not launch automatically when you open Word sometimes.
Other Possible Reasons for the Problem Include:
- Software conflicts
- Disabled Grammarly add-in
- Antivirus interference
- Broken Grammarly installation
- Windows is blocking Grammarly’s installation
How to Fix the Grammarly Missing Issue from Office Word
There is, in fact, a solution to the dilemma. What isn’t available is a universal solution. Before you can see Grammarly in Word again,
you must address the main cause of the problem on your PC. So, in chronological sequence, apply the fixes we’ve compiled below.
The Fixes Include the Following:
- Update Windows
- Enabling Grammarly
- Restarting your PC
- Reinstalling Grammarly
- Enable User Account Control
- Reinstalling Microsoft Word
- Checking your antivirus program
How Do I Get Grammarly to Work in Word?
Here are some rephrased instructions with zero plagiarism:
- Launch a text document in Word
- Locate the Grammarly tab in the toolbar and click on it
- Choose “Open Grammarly” from the options provided
- If prompted, enter your Grammarly login details to log in
- Look for the Grammarly sidebar on the right side of the screen
- Verify that it displays “Checking…” and begins suggesting corrections
How To Fix Other Grammarly Possible Issues?
In this section, I will tell you about a few more Grammarly issues.
So, Let us begin one by one.
1. Grammarly Not Working In Word Mac
If you get an error message in Microsoft Word on a Mac, Simply apply the below steps to fix them.
- Click on “Word” and select “Sign Out” to log out of Microsoft Word
- Restart Microsoft Word and log in again
- Open the “Insert” menu and click on “Get Add-ins” or “Store“.
- Type “Grammarly” into the search bar and hit “Enter” to begin the search
2. The Grammarly Widget Not Showing
If the floating Grammarly widget is not visible in your Word, Excel, or PowerPoint document, use the below steps to fix:
- Look for the Grammarly icon in your system tray.
- Right-click on the Grammarly icon and select “Settings“.
- Click on “Blocked Apps“.
- Choose “Remove” to grant permission to Grammarly to run in Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
Let us know how you solved the problem in the comments section below if you did, and we’re confident you did!
3. Grammarly Not Showing Up in Outlook
If you’re unable to see the floating Grammarly widget in your Word, Excel, or PowerPoint document, you can take the following steps to adjust the settings:
- Find the Grammarly icon in your system tray (usually located in the bottom right corner of your screen).
- Right-click on the Grammarly icon and choose the “Settings” option.
- Look for the “Blocked Apps” section and select it.
- Locate Word, Excel, or PowerPoint in the list of blocked apps.
- Click on the “Remove” button next to the app you want to use with Grammarly.
- This should give Grammarly permission to run in the selected app, and the floating widget should now appear.
4. Grammarly Not Working in Outlook 365
To fix the “Grammarly not working in Outlook 365” issue follow the below steps:
- Open Microsoft Word or Outlook.
- Click on File.
- Select Options, then choose General.
- In the User Interface Options section, select Optimize for Compatibility.
- Restart Microsoft Word or Outlook.
- Check to see if the issue is resolved.
5. Grammarly Not Working In Outlook Mac
“Please note the following regarding Grammarly for macOS:
- Grammarly is not available for Microsoft Outlook at present.
- Grammarly will work on macOS devices with Microsoft Word 2016 or later.
- Check and update your Microsoft Word to the latest version by following the path: Open application > move cursor to the top of the screen, clock on Word > About
6. Why Isn’t Grammarly Showing Up in Google Docs?
To fix the “Grammarly isn’t showing up in Google Docs” use the below steps:
- Install the compatible browser extension in Google Chrome.
- Look for the Grammarly icon and enable it.
- This will allow Grammarly to check your work using Google Docs.”
Why Grammarly is not working in my Word?
Follow these steps to resolve these problems:
Click File > Options > General in Microsoft Word or Outlook. Select Optimize for compatibility in the User Interface Options section. If the problem persists, restart Microsoft Word or Outlook.
How do I install Grammarly on Windows 10?
The Grammarly desktop client for Windows 10 can be downloaded and installed as follows:
Go to the Grammarly official website and download Grammarly for Windows. Run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions until the process is completed. Log in with your credentials and start Grammarly by clicking the desktop shortcut.
Why doesn’t Grammarly work on Mac?
Currently, Grammarly for Mac does not offer support for applications developed with Electron 11 and earlier versions, as well as applications downloaded from the Apple App Store.
How do I turn Grammarly back on in Word?
1. Open the Grammarly app
2. Go to settings
3. Select Access
4. Click on Remove (next to Microsoft Word)
Now Grammarly will start showing in Word again.
Why is my Grammarly not working?
Simply check for the following things, like:
1. Check if the browser extension is active.
2. If you see a grey Grammarly icon in your browser toolbar
3. Check text button is checked in the browser extension
4. Paste chrome:extensions into the address bar and enter, Come back and switch off all other extensions except Grammarly.
Why is Grammarly not underlining my mistakes in Word?
Sometimes it happens because of a network issue. follow these steps to fix it:
1. Clear your browser cache by, and
2. Run a self-diagnostics test.